THE DANCING With The Stars cast has been hit with a major medical scare as four crew members test positive for COVID-19.
Season 31 kicked off on Monday with a live broadcast as 16 couples hit the dance floor.
Deadline reported that four DWTs crew members have tested positive for COVID-19[/caption]
The show is taking extra precautions and disinfected the studio[/caption]
They all work in “completely different departments that do not have in person contact with each other, based on our pod system,” according to the source.
“Contact tracing was immediately conducted.”
The source continued: “All close contacts were notified and put on an increased testing cadence. No close contact of the four positive production employees has since tested positive.”
READ MORE DWTS
The entire set has been disinfected and they asked employees to work from home if they can.
According to the spokesperson, DWTS employs more than 300 production employees.
The competition is allowed to go on next week, according to the Department of Public Health.
As of right now, no contestants, hosts, or judges have contracted COVID-19.
Most read in Entertainment
Although this season, the crew was hit with the Corona Virus, last season had judge Derek Hough isolating himself.
The professional dancer shared the news on his social media that he had tested positive, and he was supposed to judge the show the next day.
“Even though I’ve been fully vaccinated, I’ve just been diagnosed with a breakthrough case of COVID,” he said in a video via Instagram.
“I just found out and I feel OK. I feel strong. I’m currently taking advice from medical professionals to get better as fast as I can. I’m currently in quarantine.”
He promised fans: “I’ll make sure to keep you guys all updated with what’s going on, but I just want to send my love out there to all. Stay safe.”
At that time, Derek was performing in his Las Vegas residency and had to reschedule those shows as well.
The dancer did make it for the finale though, after receiving a negative test days later.
ON A TY-RADE
Aside from the COVID-19 diagnoses, the show went off without a hitch, for the most part.
The 48-year-old made a major on-air mistake as she read out the leaderboard after the first eight couples had performed.
“At the top for now, are Daniel [Durant] and Britt [Stewart],” she said, while the leaderboard on screen instead showed Wayne Brady and Whitney Carson at number one.
But she quickly backtracked: “Oh, that was wrong. Wrong information, ok.”
Tyra held her finger to her earpiece and said: “Ok, you’re saying at the top is Wayne.
“Wayne is at the top with… Witney, right?” she added, hesitating.
Later on in the show, it was time to review the scores again.
“After a dozen dances, here’s a look at tonight’s leaderboard, and the team got it right this time,” she snarked, in a subtle diss to the show’s producers.
“So sorry, Wayne, they didn’t get it right the first time.”
But many viewers were unhappy to see the host passing the blame for her mistake to the behind-the-scenes team.
Taking to Twitter, one wrote: “Tyra calling out the producers for ‘messing up’ the leaderboard? Ma’am blaming them does not make you look like you know what you’re doing.”
Another agreed: “Tyra already messing it up and trying to blame the people in her ear – classic.”
“I am so over Tyra. She has messed up so much already,” added a third.
The host had already made another error earlier on in the show.
Read More on The US Sun
To provide a little relief, Tyra is joined this season by actor and DWTS alum, Alfonso Ribeiro.
Tyra Banks and Alfonso Ribeiro are hosting DWTS this season[/caption]
Jason Lewis and Peta Murgatroyd were eliminated on the premiere[/caption]
DWTS moved from ABC to Disney+ from the first time ever[/caption]